O I do love the Seuss.
And for that I need no excuse.
I would hope you do too,
and if it is not that you do,
you must be a silly old goose.
1) I own this book and have actually read much of it!
2) I have a French version of a favorite that is in my collection of foreign picture books. I bought it in a Paris children's bookstore.
3) To these, I would say OH yeah!
4) I attended a special exhibit of Theodor Geisel's early and wide-ranging, art not found in children's picture books. A bit wicked here and there. Here are some I saw.
5) I made some new Dr. Seussy characters from my stash of sidewalk cracks. Carla Sonheim posts monthly sidewalk cracks here, and I have been know to be snapping my own on strange streets, too. These are the two I created today with Procreate on the iPad. Simply adding red and white stripes seem to give them a Seussian look.
But ones I have already created (for an upcoming zine I will share with you later) already seem to me quite fitting for a Dr. Seuss, don't you agree?
Many moons ago, a 5th grader came up with The Stoodle. I think it belongs to the Seussian Collection, too. I have kept originals (with student permission) or copies of creative work from students, the most creative people I know.
And over at Brain Pickings there's more on Dr. Seuss.